BBB Accreditation for Screening Intelligence Background Checks
BBB has determined that Screening Intelligence Background Checks meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
BBB accreditation does not mean that the business’ products or services have been evaluated or endorsed by BBB, or that BBB has made a determination as to the business’ product quality or competency in performing services.
Better Business Bureau Accreditation
If a business has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB), it means the BBB has determined that the business adheres to the BBB’s Code of Business Practices. The Code has standards related to the following:
- Establishing and maintaining a positive track record in the marketplace;
- Advertising honestly;
- Honestly representing products and services;
- Openly identifying the nature, location, and ownership of the business and clearly disclosing terms of any written contract or any other policies/procedures that bear on a customer’s purchasing decision;
- Abiding by all written agreements and verbal representations;
- Addressing marketplace disputes quickly, professionally, and in good faith;
- Safeguarding privacy, and;
- Approaching all business dealings, marketplace transactions, and commitments with integrity.
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) is a North American organization that is committed to upholding a set of standards for businesses to abide by, with the goal of improving the customer experience in the marketplace. The BBB wants customers to be able to trust the businesses that they work with in their professional and personal lives, so it has developed a code of ethics and standards that is used during the accreditation process. The BBB not only provides businesses with a confirmation of accreditation, but it also gives each business a letter grade for customers to use in their research. After the accreditation is received, businesses are continually monitored by the BBB in order to ensure that they are treating their customers with fairness and honesty. Businesses are expected to be in open communication with all clients and must be committed to resolving marketplace disputes.